What is preconstruction?
Preconstruction, also referred to as ‘precon’ can be considered due diligence and/or the design phase, as it is a summation
of the planning services rendered before a construction project actually begins. Preconstruction is an integral part
of the construction process and is crucial to a project’s success.
WHAT happens during preconstruction?
During preconstruction, Advanced Systems partners with clients to ensure a smooth and painless transition from acquisition, leasing, due diligence and planning to the construction site. The Advanced Systems team goes through a discovery process to become thoroughly familiar with the project and your needs as a business owner. Once we understand your goals, we can help you make a wise business decision on the purchase or lease, and then design your project with your objectives in mind. We work with clients to set expectations and ensure the project’s success.
preconstruction services may include:
- Development, coordination, scheduling and setting preliminary timelines
- Due diligence to make sure the building, suite or land is suitable for the end results as well as try to uncover any hidden cost or time hindrances
- Site surveys, drawings of existing space, ensuring code compliance and checking the age and quality of any existing HVAC units
- Cost estimation, budgeting and takeoff
- Value and scope management
- Permit requirements
- Design services including autoCAD and/or Revit 3D
why choose advanced systems
for your next project?
30 plus years of successful construction projects has taught us that there is no substitute for proper planning. Our expertise allows us to be efficient and accurate during the crucial preconstruction phase. Check out our client portfolio to see why more than 95% of our business comes from repeat customers, then contact Advanced Systems to learn how we can
help you fulfill your next construction project.